This position will work in our Legal team and report to two Senior Counsel attorneys and the General Counsel.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is on a mission to be a leader in this new era of sustainable energy. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we develop, finance, engineer, build, own, and operate high quality utility-scale photovoltaic projects and battery energy storage projects. Our Legal team is looking for a talented attorney to help facilitate transactions and manage risk to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. Adapture Renewables is owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations
This position will work in our Legal team and report to two Senior Counsel attorneys and the General Counsel. This attorney will provide transactional support on the company’s project development, acquisition, construction, and financing efforts – including legal due diligence and contract drafting – and provide legal advice to a variety of departments within the company. Although the attorneys on the Legal team are generalists who support each of the company’s departments, this position is open to candidates who wish to expand their practice while continuing to focus in a relevant area of specialization (e.g., real estate, EPC, project financing, etc.). The candidate will be based near our Bay Area home office.
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, project acquisition agreements, site control documents, engineering, procurement, and construction agreements, equipment supply agreements, master service agreements, power purchase agreements, and project financing documents
- Represent the company in negotiations and provide legal counsel and advice to internal clients
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to facilitate continuous contracting and process improvements and inclusion of their considerations in document terms
- Stay current on legislative and regulatory rulemaking in order to advise the company on compliance requirements in the jurisdictions where the company’s projects are under development and in commercial operation
- Assist with project due diligence, including review of real estate agreements, power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, and related matters
Qualifications and Experience
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school
- Admitted to practice law in at least one U.S. state
- 3 to 6 years of relevant renewable energy experience in law firm or in-house counsel environment
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of the company to help solve legal and commercial issues
- Ability to collaborate with outside counsel
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612