This position will work in our Engineering team and will primarily focus on development stage site optimization, PV and Storage plant designs and energy assessments.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Engineering team is looking for a talented Design Engineer to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Engineering team and will primarily focus on development stage site optimization, PV and Storage plant designs and energy assessments. This is primarily an office-based role, however travel and time spent on under-development project sites and meeting with project stakeholders or vendors and at trade shows may be required from time to time.
- Support the Engineering and Business Development teams in greenfield site assessments to perform plant optimizations to maximize revenue and reduce LCOE.
- Optimize PV plants within the land areas using internal and industry software such as AutoCAD, PVCase & PV Syst and other standard industry software tools integrating an LCOE approach to Racking, Modules, Inverters, Equipment locations and Battery Storage.
- Evaluating meteorological data from multiple sources to define the solar resource for future and/or current solar projects.
- Design, prepare, and modify preliminary plant designs and layouts using industry standard software while applying engineering principles and assessment methodologies.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of constraint maps for project sites.
- Work across teams to complete tasks (Development, Finance, Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance)
- Perform tasks independently and with minimal guidance from senior management, applying professional judgment based on one’s experience and training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-5 years of experience in photovoltaics within the Core Responsibilities with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis for candidates with alternate experience levels.
- Relevant experience working in a consulting engineer role, developer role, or EPC role within the solar PV industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- Professional Engineering license or EIT issued by and maintained current with the State of California.
- Experience using solar energy modeling programs such as PVsyst, SAM, PlantPredict, Helioscope, etc.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD & PVCase.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
- Highly motivated, creative, self-starter, and good team player.
- Must have a strong desire for problem solving and deriving engineering solutions independently.
- Must be comfortable with and successful in a fast pace, high energy environment.
- Must have proven organizational skills with the ability to handle and lead multiple concurrent projects, track progress, and provide updates as necessary.
- Must be committed to continuous learning, staying up to date with the latest industry trends and methods.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Must have the legal right to work in the US. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Most of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Some time is spent outside of the office visiting project sites and attending various conferences and meetings. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612