Solar Operations Analyst
This person will work within our Asset Management team and play a vital role in analyzing the day-to-day performance of Adapture Renewable’s fleet of utility-scale solar assets.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Asset Management team is looking for a talented Solar Operations Analyst to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Asset Management team and play a vital role in analyzing the day-to-day performance of Adapture Renewable’s fleet of utility-scale solar assets. It includes exercising a high degree of independent judgment in analyzing real-time key performance indicators and historic data, identifying areas for technical and operational improvement, and providing reports as considered necessary to support the conclusions. A key and related duty is the daily monitoring of regional weather patterns to identify potentially extreme weather events and to initiate available site protection measures when needed. The Solar Operations Analyst coordinates closely with other team members and third-party O&M providers, provides continual feedback to the Engineering team, maintains proper project document sets, and acts as the go-to person for all questions of operational data insight. This position reports to the Director of Asset Management.
- Utilize Adapture Renewable’s monitoring platforms and field data to monitor performance trends and events
- Through autonomous data analysis:
- Detect and report technical and operational areas for improvement including but not limited to soiling, weak strings, unintentionally derated equipment, LID/PID, and array damage
- Identify and document site-specific operational and design nuances that affect performance
- Propose system improvements to offset operational and design shortcomings
- Assist internal and external O&M teams in identifying subtle performance issues
- Monitor regional weather patterns daily to identify potential storm events near Adapture Renewables’ solar facilities and to alert O&M personnel in advance of those events
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of operational data
- Use judgment and discretion to maintain clean document sets for all operating projects by enforcing proper file structure, eliminating non-essential information, and archiving historic files
- Serve as the expert on all questions of operational performance based on the data
- Analyze contractual performance guarantees as required
- Provide site commissioning analysis and data-driven technical support to the Quality Control team, as needed
- Assist the O&M team with:
- Properly documenting operational events and cases within Adapture Renewables’ monitoring platform (Power Factors)
- Ensuring monitoring platform data integrity
- Generating technical reports for internal and external audiences
- Improving the monitoring platform to calculate performance metrics on demand such as mean time between failure, technical availability, vendor reaction time, etc.
- Communicate closely with Asset Management, Finance, and Engineering to bring substantive issues to light that may require supplemental reporting
- Provide in-depth analysis of systemic equipment issues in support of warranty claims
- Help create a virtual operations center where all sites are monitored by the Asset Management team in both the company’s office and remotely
- Support the commissioning and onboarding of new projects through contract review, design review, and forecast review
- Job duties may require occasional travel
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior solar experience along with a complete understanding of solar equipment and design, and data-driven technical analysis
- Self-driven, with an ability to solve nuanced performance issues and to provide field guidance towards resolution
- An understanding of meteorological analysis, third-party weather data resources, and statistics is a must
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word, PVSYST, and a keen interest in real-time solar analytics using the available tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with third-party vendors across a wide spectrum of personalities
- Familiarity with contracts and the ability to identify and interpret relevant clauses as needed
- Skilled in reading as-built plan sets and technical specifications of electrical equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- An understanding of Salesforce and communication networks is advantageous
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No recruiters and no phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612