Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax accountant will assist in the preparation or review of the Company’s tax filings across various tax jurisdictions the Company operates in.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our team is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to help support the efforts of our growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This full-time position will report to the Treasurer and Director of Operations. The Senior Tax accountant will assist in the preparation or review of the Company’s tax filings across various tax jurisdictions the Company operates in. This includes the Company’s real estate taxes, sales and use taxes, income tax provision calculations, book-tax differences, and other tax compliance matters. This role will interface with various consultants and firms used by the Company.
- Lead the Company’s real estate tax compliance efforts
- Lead the Company’s property tax compliance efforts
- Enhance the Company’s real estate and property tax reporting processes
- Implement a sales and use tax knowledge base/matrix for the Company, including tracking various exemption certificates
- Prepare all real estate, property, and sales and use tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state tax returns in coordination with the Company’s tax firm, including tracking book-tax differences and NOLs
- File 1099 and 1096 tax forms for our external vendors across multiple legal entities
- Support informational requests received from auditors and tax authorities
- Perform tax research, staying current on federal and state tax law changes
- Assist in audit defense and information gathering.
- Support Company consultants involved with real estate and property tax reviews
- Respond to internal requests for information related to taxes and other items.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of property tax and sales and use tax experience
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate income tax (ASC 740) experience as well as federal and state income tax return preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, mathematics, or other financial or business field
- CPA or MST preferred
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft software
- Experience with Xero, Bill.com and Concur
- Ability to handle multiple processes/projects and plan accordingly
- Strong data simplification, organization, and documentation skills
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612