Senior Power Markets Analyst
This position will work in our Development & Origination team and support the Project Development, M&A, and Power Marketing teams.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Business Development team is looking for a talented Power Markets Analyst to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Development & Origination team and support the Project Development, M&A, and Power Marketing teams. This will primarily be accomplished by performing independent research and analysis and creating deliverables comprised of energy project revenue and performance forecasting in any US market, incorporating pricing, trading, settlement, and regulatory perspectives. This position will also be tasked with applying market analysis to support M&A and revenue contract opportunities which may include supporting the negotiation of major contracts.
- Work with the Business and Project Development teams to mature and expand Adapture Renewables’ project development portfolio
- Perform utility/ISO regulatory analyses by market/region to direct Business and Project Development strategy and market focus
- Monitor US energy markets and report on new market developments, opportunities for additional value creation, or impending risks / value reduction and present these findings to management to drive key decisions regarding the company’s greenfield and acquisition strategies
- Perform comprehensive, specific analyses to answer questions regarding investment opportunities, markets or product pricing, including substantial market research, and create summary presentation materials to justify financial assumptions used in project models to internal management
- Recommend basic strategies to capture opportunities in regional energy and service markets
- Collaborate with the Business Development team in origination, due diligence, negotiation, and execution of project acquisitions and revenue contracts
- Initiate, support, and coordinate scopes of work with outside consultants and analysis firms
- Support and coordinate activities of junior analysts
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in development and power industries
- Demonstrated experience with market rules, regulations, and analytics, including energy, REC, and ancillary services pricing analysis
- Experience in the range of power markets available throughout the US
- Understanding of regulated and unregulated utilities in the US
- Experience with financial analysis
- Experience with solar and energy storage revenue opportunities, modeling, and analysis
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses self-starter qualities with the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Job duties may require occasional travel
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612