Senior Director Business Development
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Development & Origination and will led the Business Development activities of originating, structuring and executing renewable energy acquisitions, divestitures and strategic relationships.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our team is looking for a talented Senior Director Business Development to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Development & Origination and will led the Business Development activities of originating, structuring and executing renewable energy acquisitions, divestitures and strategic relationships, which will include solar PV, battery energy storage system and other renewables technologies where investment rationale can be justified.
- Originate project opportunities for acquisition, co-development, or joint development partnerships.
- Independently manage the due diligence process and identify key project development risks, including site control, interconnection, power marketing, and permitting topics.
- Identify key project attributes, risks, and upside scenarios in support of investment decision making.
- Independently negotiate purchase acquisition documents, including but not limited to letters of intent, membership interest purchase agreements, project sale agreements, etc.
- Identify new project opportunities via external channels. Cultivate a robust network of investment bankers, developers, brokers, and consultants to use in originating and assessing new investment opportunities.
- Develop and communicate the investment rational for new acquisitions and other investment opportunities and assess, articulate and manage the key risks of those opportunities, and develop the Investment Approval documents needed to secure manage and board approval for new investments
- Lead coordination with internal teams, including project finance, engineering, construction, and legal teams
- Support the management and project development tasks in order to advance acquired projects to construction and operational phases.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of related experience in development, finance, and power industries.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or Law degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in utility-scale solar development and power industry.
- Experience originating, sourcing evaluating, negotiating and executing on energy infrastructure projects.
- Analyzing project economics, with project finance modeling experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and program management skills
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to present complex deal structures succinctly and drive management decisions.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Job duties will involve occasional travel.
- Ideal candidate will have both sell side and buy side experience.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612