Real Estate Manager
This position will focus on the due diligence and preparation of the real property component of utility-scale solar and storage projects for development and financing.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Business Development team is looking for a talented Real Estate Manager to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is a subsidiary of the Danish KIRKBI Group.
This position will work within our Business Development team, managing all aspects of the company’s efforts to diligence and prepare the real property component of utility-scale solar and storage projects for development and financing.
- Negotiate and secure additional site control and/or any needed rights of way and easements, including those required for interconnection of projects to the existing electric grid.
- Review title reports, land surveys, mineral estate reports and other documentation to identify and cure any encumbrances necessary for development and financing of utility-scale solar farms.
- Coordinate the Business Development team’s review and due diligence of real estate and title matters as it relates to late-stage or construction-ready solar farms.
- Lead all of company’s surveying efforts with external consultants in support of development, construction and financing.
- Support all efforts necessary for underwriting and issuance of title insurance.
- Support the permitting, interconnection and design aspects of the development and construction processes.
- Lead/support all aspects of executing solar and/or storage site lease and purchase options.
- Prepare real and personal property tax assumptions for financial modeling and lead any property tax incentives or abatements with local jurisdictions/taxing districts.
- Ensure real estate contract compliance and maintain direct communications with landowners, utilities, attorneys, surveyors and any third parties holding interests in land.
Qualifications and Experience
- In-house expert, able to exercise independent judgment in real estate matters and independently identify and resolve all real estate and title-related issues.
- Independently track, organize and prioritize workload schedule and complete according to project schedules.
- Minimum of 3 years of related real estate land acquisition and title experience.
- Experience with mineral rights and acquisition of mineral rights or waivers.
- Ability to review, interpret and comment on land surveys.
- Demonstrated experience in curing land title deficiencies and leading or supporting efforts for title insurance underwriting and policy issuance.
- Experience tracking contractual obligations under all real estate agreements.
- Job duties will involve occasional travel.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
Phone (844) 367-7272
Fax (510) 788-2762
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612