This position will work within our O&M team, which is responsible for the technical management of a growing portfolio (currently 262 MW) of utility-scale projects located across the United States.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems and battery energy storage systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team is looking for a talented O&M Manager to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Remote work opportunities may be considered for the right candidate. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is a subsidiary of KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work within our O&M team (part of our Asset Management team), which is responsible for the technical management of a growing portfolio (currently 262 MW) of utility-scale projects located across the United States. This team manages the operation of the portfolio, optimizing the fleet for maximum performance. This position will report to the Sr. O&M Managers.
- Monitor utility-scale projects and issue work orders to O&M contractors to perform repairs as needed with efficiency and timeliness.
- Work with equipment suppliers to ensure proper warranty support and to resolve recurring issues.
- Review future project designs for O&M assessment and feedback.
- Coordinate procurement of parts and service to support maintenance efforts.
- Manage spare parts inventories and make recommendations if deficiencies are identified.
- Share lessons learned with Project Management & Engineering/EPC and Quality & Performance teams.
- Walk through troubleshooting, step by step with technicians in field, and formulate solutions in real-time.
- Support third parties (O&M providers, subcontractors, etc.) to troubleshoot larger/complex issues.
- Track issues to resolution, updating work order ticketing to highlight fiscal impact.
- Monitor production of sites: provide oversite and support for the monitoring team to ensure issues are correctly identified and work orders are properly queued for review.
- Support the creation and maintenance of annual operating budgets.
- Issue work orders to service providers, providing specific scope of work to be completed.
- Create, update, and maintain scheduled technical operating reports and periodic performance assessments as requested by management.
- Remote monitoring and troubleshooting support for tracker issues.
- Identify and resolve sensor issues impacting performance data.
- Manage contractors for: regular vegetation management, special vegetation (habitat) requirements, ISO (CAISO, PJM, etc.) connectivity issues, maintenance of fencing, gates, barbed wire, security, site access road issues, erosion, roads, neighbors, tree trimming, and other activities.
- Support the commissioning and onboarding of new projects.
- Some travel periodically required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in solar required. Utility scale strongly preferred.
- Solar installation/construction and O&M experience. Preferred experience in the following: Troubleshooting and resolving issues with strings/modules, inverters, combiner boxes, feeder lines (direct burial or conduit), racking hardware, tracker motors, actuators, bearings, controllers, sensors, and basic DAS components.
- This position requires good communication skills, a high level of organization, and being detail oriented. Must be able to work cross-functionally with contractors, suppliers, and internal teams.
- Must have basic computer skills, able to use MS Office software, manage department network directory/folders, use basic GUI applications and web-based software like PowerFactors, Radian Lens, and Salesforce.
- For core O&M management job responsibilities, the candidate must be able to take initiative and work independently with limited guidance. Preference for a candidate with a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of battery energy storage systems is a plus.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612