The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will perform in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for the development of renewable energy projects.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) systems. We operate projects in ten states in the U.S and are developing projects in others. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high reliability. Our Engineering department is looking for a talented Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist to help support the efforts of our Development team throughout the U.S. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work within our Engineering team and provide services and support to our Development team. The GIS Specialist will develop, update, analyze, and manage GIS data for the development of renewable energy projects.
- Provide mapping and data support to management, development, engineering, and operations teams. This role will also report to the Senior Vice President, Origination and Development.
- Maintain and update project GIS data with information supplied by the project team or external consultants.
- Research the availability of and obtain GIS information layers (boundaries, utilities, flood areas, etc.) for areas of the U.S. the company might be interested in from local, state, or national companies and institutions
- Create maps, exhibits, graphs, web maps, layers and plots using ArcGIS Desktop and other software tools for use across internal and external stakeholder groups.
Qualifications and Experience
- Min. 2-year degree or technical training in Geography, GIS, Engineering, or Information Technology
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects concurrently and meet project deadlines
- Self-motivated, with acute attention to detail and can complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in ArcGIS Desktop and MS Office software
- Experience with geothinQ and/or other similar online GIS tools and knowledge of the renewable energy industry are pluse
- Must be a task flexible, goal orientated, team contributor with proven communication and problem-solving skillsets
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612