Engineering Project Manager
This position will work in our Engineering team and will focus mainly on construction/execution stage assets in our portfolio, managing tasks performed by our internal or external teams to ensure all tasks are performed on-time, of the best quality and ensure as-contracted performance of our plants.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Engineering team is looking for a talented Engineering Project Manager to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Engineering team and will focus mainly on construction/execution stage assets in our portfolio, managing tasks performed by our internal or external teams to ensure all tasks are performed on-time, of the best quality and ensure as-contracted performance of our solar plants. This is primarily an office-based role, however travel and time spent on an active construction site, meeting with project stakeholders, vendors or trade shows will be required from time to time. This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage multi-disciplinary team tasks performed by our internal or external teams and consultants to complete projects on time, on budget and to meet/exceed expectations.
- Lead in the optimization of PV + Energy Storage plants within land constrained areas using AutoCAD & PV Syst and other standard industry software tools integrating an LCOE approach to racking, modules, inverters, equipment locations and battery storage.
- Work across teams to complete tasks (Development, Finance, Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance).
- Provide designs and calculations for renewable projects directly or through consultants with a high degree of autonomy.
- Assist in training and mentoring junior engineers.
- Assess and analyze site constraints, project information, technical documents and requirements to assist the company in preparation and optimization of preliminary designs, financial assessments and equipment choices.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Supervise designs and calculations performed by staff or consulting engineers.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes.
- Supervise/provide input regarding the terms and conditions of employment of two or more FTE positions, including but not limited to authority and participation in hiring, evaluating employee performance, disciplining and other personnel decisions.
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise and develop new methods.
- Assist in creation and improvement of design tools and templates.
- Prepare proposals and work orders; assist in procurement of projects as an ambassador for the company.
- Perform tasks independently and with minimal guidance from senior management, applying professional judgment based on one’s experience and training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in photovoltaics, specifically in design and/or energy estimation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Engineering license or EIT issued by and maintained current with the State of California.
- Proficiency in design utilizing programs such as PVsyst, SAM, PlantPredict, Helioscope, AutoCAD, ETAP, SKM, L-Pile, Adobe, Bluebeam, etc.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Efficient time management – must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and a good team player and effective member of multiple cross-functional teams. Able to successfully work with both internal and external project stakeholders.
- Experience traveling to project sites under development, construction or operations as well as meeting with consultants, vendors or other project stakeholders in an office setting.
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Must have the legal right to work in the US. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Most of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Some time is spent outside of the office visiting project sites and attending various conferences and meetings. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612