Director of Human Resources
This full-time position will report to the COO (who has responsibility for HR and Legal) and will develop and implement, from a strategic compliance and growth-focused perspective, the company’s human resource policies and processes and oversee its human resource activities.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Human Resources team is looking for a talented Director of Human Resources to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Human Resources team and this full-time position will report to the COO (who has responsibility for HR and Legal) and will develop and implement, from a strategic compliance and growth-focused perspective, the company’s human resource policies and processes and oversee its human resource activities. The ideal candidate will be a strategic and proactive-thinking partner on our leadership team, focused on developing the company’s HR strategy in support of its business strategy and implementing creative HR solutions (rather than devoting the majority of time to more administrative-level HR tasks) to help us sustainably scale the business and nurture an innovative culture.
- Partner with senior management and hiring managers/supervisors to attract, onboard, develop, and retain employees
- Coach to members of the leadership team
- Strengthen the team through team building and employee recognition
- Advise and assist senior executives on human resources management issues
- Develop, implement, and oversee company-wide human resources policies and practices in line with company strategy and objectives and applicable legal requirements
- Reinforce the company’s values of transparency, adaptability, and nimbleness and be a champion of company culture
- Oversee the relationship with the company’s Professional Employer Organization (whose HR platform is the backbone for many HR administrative tasks) and ensure that the benefits plan is robust and cost-effective
- Develop and manage the recruiting network and tools
- Direct the development of – and serve as the point person for – training programs, career development, and performance appraisal process
- Review and analyze salary data to ensure competitive and equitable compensation plans and help craft incentive plans tied to performance
- Help resolve sensitive staff issues
- Take a hands-on approach, when needed, to implement the HR agenda
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in human resource management or organizational development or equivalent, and MBA or Masters in a related field of study strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience as an HR business partner or similar role, including at the director level or above
- Highly developed consulting, coaching, and facilitating skills, including proficiency at providing counsel and guidance on people management and development issues
- Thorough understanding of human resource principles and practices, including employment law and compliance
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in the renewables industry a plus
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. Must have the legal right to work in the US. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612