Director of Asset Management
This position will lead our Asset Management department, a group responsible for the commercial and technical management of 242 MW of utility-scale projects located across the United States.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing, engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. We are looking for a talented Director of Asset Management to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is majority owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Asset Management department team and, a group responsible for the commercial and technical management of 242 MW of utility-scale projects located across the United States. This team operates assets to optimize performance and revenue, manages field services, oversees financial management, and ensures contract compliance throughout the operational lifetime of a project. The Director of Asset Management will have strong commercial and technical skills to support strategic growth priorities, lead the team to maximize the performance and value of assets, and oversee compliance with project agreements. The Director will work closely with internal Adapture Renewables, Inc. teams (Development, M&A, Engineering, Legal, Finance, etc.), build trusted relationships with partners, and provide mentorship to staff members.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support plant optimization and performance improvement, warranty claims, insurance claims, and revenue recovery
- Review and negotiate asset management and operation and maintenance contracts
- Ensure that project operating budgets are developed with prudent assumptions for revenues, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Advance strategies to improve operational and financial performance and protect long-term value
- Direct teams to respond to regulatory, policy or market changes that would adversely impact project economics
- Support the O&M team’s effort to optimize portfolio operations
- Lead the team’s due diligence efforts with respect to O&M aspects of potential acquisition projects or portfolios, whether operating or prior to commercial operation; before development projects achieve commercial operations, advise internal teams on site or project intricacies that could impact the operation and performance of projects
- Coordinate OT issues with the Technology department to provide parallel support and resolution guidance
- Lead and support staff responsible for compliance with project agreements, ensuring that all obligations are successfully administered within Asset Management or other teams
- Cultivate relationships with offtakers, consultants/vendors, partners, and financing parties
- Manage commercial issues and associated strategies to resolution with counterparties
- Provide recommendations, analysis, and data in support of acquisitions, divestitures, asset improvements, or refinancing
- Support corporate initiatives to strengthen enterprise-wide processes and/or systems
- Provide timely and constructive performance feedback to staff with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Engage staff on key professional and leadership development areas, providing coaching and support directly and enlisting other resources where needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field. Master’s Degree a plus
- 10+ years of energy industry experience in asset management
- Experience working in the renewable energy industry is essential
- Experience with technical operations and plant management
- Demonstrated track record managing and growing a team and improving processes and systems to support portfolio growth
- Knowledge of power performance analytics
- Experience with the Power Factors software platform
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts, managing compliance with RTO/ISO regulations, and overseeing financial obligation management
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612