Development Manager (Eastern Region)
This position will work in our Development group’s Eastern Region team and will report to the Director of Development in that region.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is on a mission to be a leader in this new era of sustainable energy. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we develop, finance, engineer, build, own, and operate high quality utility-scale photovoltaic projects and battery energy storage projects. Our Development team is looking for a talented Development Manager in our Eastern Region to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. Adapture Renewables is owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Development group’s Eastern Region team and will report to the Director of Development in that region. This is a commercially focused, multi-disciplined role that will be responsible for several projects at various stages of development. The team’s near-term focus involves expanding our utility-scale, solar PV and solar + storage project portfolio via greenfield development and acquisitions throughout PJM and SERC regions. The candidate may be based remotely in the U.S., with a preference for a candidate on the East Coast, with periodic travel to our Bay Area home office and other company locations.
- Manage the development of utility-scale projects in the above PJM and SERC
- Manage multiple projects involving site selection, site control, local relationships, environmental studies, interconnection process, and property tax abatement process
- Manage the permitting process from early-stage development through COD
- Perform due diligence and risk assessment of similar project development activities and acquisitions
- Provide transparent, accurate, and timely progress updates to management
- Visit project sites, third party consultants, transmission planning engineers, landowners, or local officials as required
- Lead the development of projects through effective communication and efficient team interactions with multiple disciplines, all focused on the shared goal of developing solar and energy storage projects from concept to reality over a development period of several years
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-7 years of proven project management skillset
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Possess commercial and project management experience in renewable energy
- Ability to set up and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Well organized and eager to engage and manage several projects at various stages of development from land prospecting through initial operations
- Proven collaborative, task flexible and goal-oriented team contributor
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Our contact details
Adapture Renewables, Inc.
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1630, Oakland, CA 94612